Oh my stars! We get to work TOGETHER and make PICTURES for the best clients on earth?! Yes, please, and THANK YOU!
“Years ago, as newcomers at an international photography conference, Kim and I heard a keynote speaker say ‘build a mountain of friends’ — advice that we took to heart. We joined forces, establishing a look, a work ethic and a brand that laid the foundation for growth. Now we walk into our studio feeling lucky, not just because we do what we love, but because we do it alongside friends. Together we challenge and learn from each other and together we look for creative solutions. We have expanded the team carefully and thoughtfully, and the result is expanded possibilities and very happy clients. Life is good.” ~ Amy Enderle
Combined we have 25+ years of professional photography expertise. Our first wedding couples will soon celebrate their 10th anniversary and are still giddy about their wedding pictures today. How does SilverBox do it? An artistic aesthetic beyond here-today, gone-tomorrow trends while focusing on love:
- love of photography as an art form,
- love of SilverBox clients as friends,
- love of lifestyle photographs as cherished family memories.
career highlights include:
- photographs aired on Oprah and Entertainment Tonight
- photographs published in Allure, The Knot, and BRIDES magazine
- SilverBox story featured in Rangefinder, a professional photography magazine
- selected for the cover image of The Missouri Review
- recognized in Columbia Business Times as “Women to Watch”
- photographs regularly featured in Inside Columbia and regional the Knot publications
- documented Magda + Jan’s international wedding in Warsaw, Poland, June 2009
- featured speaker, Zenfolio 2010-2011
- 2nd Place Millers’ Professional Imaging Award, 2011
- WPPI (Wedding & Professional Photographers International) 2008 Achievement of Excellence: WEDDING ALBUM
- WPJA (Wedding Photojournalist Association) AWARDS:
2007 First Place: EMOTION
2006 award-winning image: BRIDE & GROOM
2005 award-winning image: TOASTING
- “Stunning images, evocative storytelling and unobtrusive manners are guaranteed with the choice of SilverBox Photographers for wedding coverage. [SilverBox Photographers] don’t just capture your wedding’s look but also it’s emotional journey. This is documentary art that connects generations.” ~ Inside Columbia, announcing BEST OF COLUMBIA 2011
- Best of Columbia, 2012
timeline of sorts:
2003 | Amy and Kim begin shooting together
2006 | The Silver Lining [this blog!] debuts quoting radio hit “and this is how we do it?…” We’ve transferred blog posts a few times [blogger to word press, etc] and as a result those early pictures appear small and the links are no longer active. We’ve left the content anyway, because we love the clients these stories are about and because we realize when we look back just how much we’ve grown.
2007 | welcome, Annika! a wise-for-her-years college student [whose big brother had been a best man at a SilverBox wedding and she followed up!] Annika starts as a lighting and shooting assistant and quickly blossoms into our “right hand man”
2009 | wedding in Warsaw, Poland. [please type “Warsaw” in the box using the search button on the grey bar beneath the blog masthead to see it in pictures. Warning: prepare to drool!] Kim and Amy spent the week in Poland documenting Jan and Magda’s magical celebration; Annika (between her junior and senior year of college) spends most of the SUMMER on the European mainland (soon you’ll find a link for pictures HERE)
2010 | Annika Miller is all grown up, has her photography degree in hand, buys the cutest little cottage you ever did see a few blocks away (just MONTHS after graduating from college ~ yep, she’s impressive like that) and launches SilverBox Seniors
2011 | studio space @107 Orr St. Though we still make many pictures on-locatoin, SilverBox now resides in Columbia’s North Village Art District and delights in sharing studio space with Hoot Design Co (como’s hippest, most wonderful graphic design company, the brainchild of Kristen Graham Brown, 2008 SilverBox bride).
SilverBox and Hoot Design Co sharing one roof allows for one-stop shopping. SilverBox brides go gaga for Hoot Design Co. wedding stationery. When that couple expects their first baby, they come back to the studio at 107 Orr Street for birth announcements as well as maternity and newborn pictures. At holiday time, Hoot Design Co designs custom greeting cards around the family photographs SilverBox creates. AND our commercial clients are equally well-served. The logo and identity work Hoot Design Co produces is second to none!
Plus, the space often even more! Our Berry Building neighbors offer amazing collaborative opportunities. Both Studio Home and PS Gallery have become great partners and friends on many levels. AND what’s MORE: we’re just across the street from all of the artists that share Orr Street Studios. We LOVE them and we crash their pot-lucks! Hip hip hooray!!
But now let’s get to that part of the story where we make pictures of YOU! Pictures become memories, you know. We believe in fine art portraiture and documentary moments that brings back feelings forever and ever. In a nutshell: we go where your heart takes you.
And we’re honored to do it!
Thank you for stopping by!
~ Kim, Annika, Amy
SilverBox Photographers | 107 Orr Street | Columbia Missouri 65201 | 573.449.8880